San Diego Beer Bloggers Conference Wrapup. With Pictures.

Upon returning back to real life and reflecting upon the Beer Blogger's conference last month, I have come to the conclusion that: 1) San Diego is awesome and four days to explore the beer culture there is just starting to scratch the surface; and 2) I love hanging out with my beer geek tribe. Meeting folks from all over, united by beer, and having pimp beer experiences together is the best.


The Blind Lady Public House, perhaps my favorite beer bar that we went to (pre-conference)

Waypoint Public - great beer, nice menu, and Harry and the Hendersons on TV 

Beer flight at Karl Strauss Brewing Company

Karl Strauss founder Cris Cramer talking about starting the brewery

New Lagunitas beer, super fresh, will likely only be available in California

During our trip to the Stone brewery at Liberty Station, we ate fried olives in a gorgeous setting and
the Passion Project was my favorite beer.

Saturday night! Secret Snapchat party with the folks from the Bruery.
Some of the beers they brought were absolutely a-MAY-zing.

These guys! The Beer Coasters - one from Vegas, one from Cali, and one from Massachusetts
They are all rarely in the same place at the same time.
Here, they're setting up to record a beer podcast.

This photo is included because I love chicken pie and I love that there's a restaurant in San Diego that is dedicated to it

I can't wait till next year's conference, which is going to be in Asheville, NC, July 17-19, 2015. I've already signed up and got my hotel room, and am excited that we'll be able to road trip it from here.

CAN'T. WAIT.

Thanks to everyone at Zephyr Adventures (thanks for not leaving without me at Stone, Alan!) And a HUGE thanks to all the sponsors - Stone, Lagunitas, Firestone Walker, Yard House, Karl Strauss, Goose Island, Warsteiner USA, WordPress, Reyes Beverage Group, CraftBeer.com, and National Beer Wholesalers Association.

Also, shout out to Ken Grossman, founder of Sierra Nevada, who did a great keynote, AND the Marriott Mission Valley, which was gorgeous and comfortable, the staff was super nice, and it had hammocks by the pool. Really, I wanted to move in there.

Comments

Post a Comment