Freret Beer Room musings

I'm enjoying the concept of doing blog posts while avoiding both 1) work (of course) and 2) political shit on Twitter. Today, I wish to extoll upon the awesomeness of the Freret Beer Room.

FBR's been open for about 6 months and it is killing it with both the food and the beer. I had a keg of Cuz I Said So beer sent there and today they did a charcuterie pairing with it and a salami piccante from Framani. I went over there to check it out:




Obviously this was just a snack, so I ordered one of their specials, a tomato and burrata tartine, which was absolutely phenomenal. It's got the grilled bread that I've already fallen in love with (from the mussels dish), summer tomatoes, and burrata, which is like the cheese of the gods.


I also had the meatballs (on their regular menu) which comes with polenta, and another special, blistered PadrĂ³n peppers. (I did not plan on having these but I was awfully happy it worked out that way.)



Everything I've had here has always been great - quality ingredients, creative but comforting dishes, and of course, they all pair well with beer.

Ah, beer. You can check out the beer menu online, it's always up to date. Also helpful, the beers on deck are listed, so you can see what's coming up after the current beers blow. They have 16 taps, so it's a small but very thoughtful selection, with everything from Bell's Oberon to Cascade Bourbonic Plague.

The dessert menu is crazy awesome - I don't know if Chef Charles is doing them or if they've brought someone in. I also ordered a peach clafoutis with blueberries and sweet-salty chantilly (to go) and Tom and I gobbled it up so fast that photos weren't possible. Other desserts that look amazeballs: ginger-honey bread pudding, creme caramel with curry pecans and a coconut meringue crisp, dark chocolate ganache tart with peanut-espresso crumble and creme fraiche.

Like, I look at the dessert menu and it's ALL DELICIOUS WORDS. And then the drooling begins. (CLAFOUTIS!!)

This place makes me so happy! The food, the vibe, the service, and of course, the beer. I don't mean to be all gushing about it, but I've had several awesome experiences there and I wanted to share. Go check it out!

Note: the meatballs and blistered peppers were gifts from the kitchen.

Comments