Craft Beer & BBQ Pop-Up Tonight!

Tonight! My House, an event planning organization that works on pop-ups and food truck events, is having a BBQ and craft beer dinner tonight at Casa Borrega (1719 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd.) There will also be... dancing! It starts at 7pm, and you can still purchase tickets online (for $8! They are $10 at the door) until 3pm- click here for that.

I spoke to Barrie Schwartz, the founder and director of My House, and she told me that although she's lived here for two years, and loves New Orleans and its creative culinary community, she does miss the craft beer culture in her previous home of Michigan, and wanted to bring a bit of that to a New Orleans event. So she got local "BBQ Master" Richard Shilling (I don't think I've ever had his food before, so I'm looking forward to it) to cook and paired it with local New Orleans beers.

Richard will be serving ribs, collard greens, and mashed potatoes, and there will be a cash bar serving beer, with several local craft beer options: 

PBR $2
High Life $2
Tin Roof Blonde $4
NOLA Brown $4
Negra Modela $4
Brooklyn Lager $4
Hopitoulas Tall Boy $6
La 31 Bier Noire $4

The PBR and High Life are in there to appease the hipsters and cost-conscious, I assume.

Beer and BBQ! What could be better? I will be posting a report on the event this weekend, and I hope anyone who is intrigued by a popup that is trying to incorporate New Orleans craft beer stops by tonight. I'll be there.

Comments

  1. Looks like you guys have a blast at your BBQ parties! I think I am going to start inviting my friends and family over for cookouts because who can turn down a good bbq?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment