Much Louisiana news to share!

While I have been in my own little world at New Orleans' Tales of the Cocktail, several very interesting tidbits of beer news has come down the pike.


First off, NOLA Brewing has announced an upcoming collaboration with New Belgium called Swamp Grape Escape and will be a Belgian tripel style brewed with muscadine grapes. It will be released to coincide with Louisiana Craft Brewers Week (September 23-29.)

Second, it appears that Sweetwater Brewing out of Atlanta has signed a distribution deal with Southern Eagle (New Orleans), Champagne Beverage (Northshore), and Mockler (Baton Rouge) and will be in the market sometime in mid- to late- August. I love me some Sweetwater IPA, so I'm super excited about this. Just another example of how the market here is changing and increasing to appeal to more and more national accounts!

Third, after the GABF brewers registration debacle last week, leaving only Abita and Bayou Teche as representatives from Louisiana, NOLA Brewing found out that they had been chosen from the waiting list to attend the festival. I hope Parish and Tin Roof make their way to the top of the list too.


Comments