This Week in Beer Geekery

This week's Brewsday Tuesday focuses on the upcoming Bayou Beer Festival, with a hat tip to the other beer festival happening on the 16th, the Gambit's FestivALES.


I would be remiss, also, if I didn't mention that Vermont's Alchemist, brewers of beer geek crack Heady Topper, decided to close down the brewery to public visitors and purchasers of cases of Heady Topper. Now all purchases have to be made in stores. I bring this up because it apparently BROKE THE ENTIRE DAMN INTERNET. Beer geeks, please have some perspective!

Went to Whole Foods Uptown to check out the beer geek picks at the store. Whole Foods Louisiana reached out to various beer folks - me, Jeremy "Beer Buddha" Labadie, Brandon "The Ale Runner" Day, Eric "BR Beer Scene" Ducote, Sal Mortillaro, vice president of the Mystic Krewe of Brew homebrew club on the Northshore (and a BJCP certified judge), and the folks behind "Drink All The Beers"

My beer picks that were selected were Tin Roof's Rougarou and Lazy Magnolia's Me and the Dev-Ale. I had put some other beers on my list, but these were the ones that Whole Foods decided to display.





Here we all are!


Comments