Shout out to Great Raft!

Great Raft Brewing in Shreveport is hitting all cylinders right out of the gate. Andrew and Lindsay Nations opened their tap room on December 20, and sold all the beer they had brewed for the next two weeks, in two days.

They will be canning and selling the cans in Northwest Louisiana by Mardi Gras, and I found a great article about their can design that I wanted to share. They look beautiful, and I can't wait to drink the contents! The inspiration for the design is super cool to read about as well.

Photo courtesy of OhBeautifulBeer.com

Also, the brewery is a cover story in January's Beer Advocate Magazine! Amazing and wonderful and well-deserved. Here's the cover photo that I downloaded from Great Raft's Facebook page:


I know that Andrew and Lindsay have been working so hard, every step of the way, and I'm happy to see that their meticulous planning and beer development has paid off so well, so fast. I reallllllllly hope to see their production expand so we can get some of their beer down here in New Orleans, but I suppose I will need to take a trip up there soon to check things out and I can load up then.

Comments