Links from another time and place

I'm putting this list of links together early so that I don't have to worry about dropping the ball while I'm out of town in Denver for the Great American Beer Festival. I am SO EXCITED. I should be on my way to Fort Collins to visit the New Belgium Brewery by the time you read this on Thursday.

This week, for Brewsday Tuesday, I interviewed Wolf Koehler, founder, owner, and brewmaster of the Crescent City Brewhouse in the French Quarter. He's a very interesting guy who is passionate about beer, and has a lot of interesting stories and perspectives. I enjoyed talking to him.

While I'm gone, you can still get tons of news from the beer world, from Drink All The Beers' new news page.

The official presentation of the Louisiana Brew Trail by Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne caught the attention of the New York Times, which is pretty cool.

An issue close to my heart, an article exploring why chefs seem to be shy to work with craft beer, is up this week. The author asks a lot of good questions, and I hope it leads to further dialogue and education. I'm always up to talk with chefs and restaurateurs about incorporating craft beer in their menu, so please feel free to reach out to me if it's something you're considering but need more info about.

And last but not least, my colleague at the Brewers Association, Julie Herz, put together a list of the top 5 beer bar pet peeves. Seriously, the frosted mug is one of them. At least ASK if I want one before assuming and then I have to shout after you and look like a tool!

See you on the post Denver flip side!

Comments